Mission: The Fort Valley Museum is a bright and welcoming community museum that depicts Fort Valley's past history. Exhibits include: The Church, The One-room School; the story of Fort Valley during the later years of the Civil War, 1863-1865, Seven Fountains Resort (1850-1888), Fort Valley's Manganese Mines (1850-1927), The Home, Handicrafts, The Farm, The Country Store, Music in the Fort, plus the special exhibit of local valley pottery donated in 2012.
Buildings: In addition to The Old Brick Church of 1830 (our original Museum building), the Trinity Brethren Church on Dry Run Road has recently become a part of the Museum. This lovely old (1904) church is open to the public by special request, and currently houses a religious and organizational history of the Fort.
Dates of Operation: The Fort Valley Museum is open each Saturday and Sunday from Memorial Day Weekend (May 25-26) through October 27, 2013.
Hours: 1:00-4:00 p.m. on Saturdays and 2:00-5:00 p.m. on Sundays.
Location: 8631 Fort Valley Road; the intersection of the main Fort Valley Road with Dry Run Road.
Directions: From Front Royal or Strasburg, take Rte. 55 to Rte 678, Fort Valley Road. Turn south on 678, travel about 10 miles. The museum is on the right at Dry Run Road. From Edinburg (U.S. 11 north), turn right (east) on Rte 675 to T-intersection at King's Crossing. Turn left (north) on Rte. 678, go about 8 miles. The museum is on the left at Dry Run Road.
All four commemorative pewter ornaments are now available at only $19.50 each.
Other Fort Valley Museum items featuring our new logo are also available, including tee shirts, caps, mugs, and more.